Full details of our commitment to equality can be found in the patient section of the website where we detail our approach to ensuring an equitable service to every service user and referrer. We use the EDS 2 guide for our planning and strategy.
Available here are our documentation relating to WRES and EDS2:
WRES – access here
EDS2 – access here
These documents are updated on an annual basis and will demonstrate our continued commitment to equality. We are also working towards the Daisy Dignity Champion recognition. A Dignity Champion is someone who believes passionately that being treated with dignity is a basic human right, not an optional extra. They believe care services must be willing to try to do something to achieve this.
Dignity Champions are willing to:
- Stand up and challenge disrespectful behaviour
- Act as good role models by treating other people with respect, particularly those who are less able to stand up for themselves
- Speak up about dignity to improve the way that services are organised and delivered
- Influence and inform colleagues
- Listen to and understand the views and experiences of citizens.
We believe that these values are at the core of approach and we are working hard to ensure that our business practices, as well as our approach in all we do, reflect these values.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our approach to equality and we will be happy to help you further.